Friday, September 23, 2011

Tired Federer to skip Shanghai Masters

Tired Federer to skip Shanghai MastersLondon: World number three Roger Federer has pulled out of next month`s Shanghai Masters to rest and recover after a gruelling summer, the Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP) said on Friday.

"After consultation with my team, I`ve unfortunately decided to pull out of the Shanghai Masters in order to take some necessary time to rest and recuperate after a long summer," the Swiss maestro was quoted as saying on the ATP website (www.atpworldtour.com).

"I have some nagging injuries that I need to address and I look forward to returning to the ATP World Tour as soon as possible."

The 16-times grand slam champion suffered a five-set loss to U.S. Open champion Novak Djokovic in the semi-finals at Flushing Meadows before arriving in Australia to aid Switzerland`s return to the Davis Cup World Group.

"I have very fond memories of Shanghai so I will miss this amazing tournament and all my loyal Chinese fans, but I look forward to returning to China next fall," said Federer.

Bureau Report


View the original article here

No comments: