Sunday, September 25, 2011

Jeev 8th, Anirban 29th in Asia-Pacific Panasonic golf

Jeev 8th, Anirban 29th in Asia-Pacific Panasonic golfShiga Prefecture (Japan): Jeev Milkha Singh and Anirban Lahiri brought in the good news for the Indian contingent even as four others missed the midway cut in the Asia-Pacific Panasonic Open on Friday.

Jeev (69), a four-time winner in Japan, was lying tied eighth, while Anirban Lahiri (69), two-over after first round, added a two-under 69 to make the cut in tied 29th place.

The cut came at three-over as SSP Chowrasia (74-72) missed the cut by one. Manav Jaini (74-75) and Jyoti Randhawa (71-78) missed the cut by seven shots, while Shiv Kapur (77-74) missed it by 11. Sujjan Singh shot 77 and 76.

Jeev, after making up for his slow start on the first day said, "It was windy out there and it was difficult to judge the distance because of the wind but I want to thank my caddy (Janet) for doing a great job today. I hit the ball really well today and I`m glad I`ve managed to put myself in good position."

The six-time winner on Asian Tour and who finished fourth last week in Macau Open, added, "I look forward to the weekend as I can continue to work on my game and make it better. I think my driving was much better today as compared to yesterday. I`ll just stay patient and calm and try to manage myself well on the golf course out there over the weekend. I think that`s the key to winning."

Korea`s SK Ho battled his way back into contention by posting a bogey free five-under-par 66 to take the second round lead.

PTI


View the original article here

No comments: